Nicole's Yankees Blog

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Why the Yankees?

For my Blog this semester, I will be focusing on the New York Yankees Baseball team. As a forewarning, if you are from the Boston area or hate the Yankees, you will probably disagree with and dislike my blog. With that said, I wanted to go into my Yankees' experience and background information about the team.

The yankees are one of the most storied and oldest baseball orgainizations to date. They have won more championships than any other Major League team (with twenty six World Series championships to date), and have one of the most loyal and largest fan bases in the world. They play their home games at Yankee Stadium, located in the Bronx, New York. They play in the Eastern Division of the American League.

My grandfather was a Yankees fan, who passed it onto my father and his brothers, who in turn passed their views to my younger brother and I. I believe that sometimes, you're born into what team you will learn to love and root for. I love going into the city and taking in a game at the Stadium ( a nickname for Yankee Stadium). There is so much history invovled in the stadium; especially with Monument Park, where the Yankees' greatest players are honored.

Also, last summer, I interned with the Yankees' farm team ( the AA affiliate) the Trenton Thunder, and this past summer (and now into their playoffs) I continue to work in Merchandising for them. I get to watch the future Yankee stars in their minor league careers. I have seen players such as Kevin Thompson, Sean Henn, and Melky Cabrera play at Trenton, and all have played with the Yankees this season. Last summer, I met Kevin Brown, Kenny Lofton, and Brian Cashman (the General Manager) who all made a stop in Trenton. The players had to rehab their injuries, and were sent down to do just that. Mr. Cashman arrived to check on Kevin Brown.

I hope you enjoy my blog, whether you are a Yankees fan or not. I'll try to make it interesting, informative, and not too biased!

3 Comments:

  • Good job!

    Anu

    By Blogger Anu Sivaraman, at 4:21 PM  

  • Nicole,
    It sounds like your blog is going to be very interesting and informative. It was nice to hear that your Yankee roots have been passed down from your grandfather through your family. Similarly, my grandfather was a huge Yankee fan and passed his love for baseball to my family. I will be interested to see what happens with the Yankees as the season winds down. Do you think they will be able to retake 1st place from the Boston Red Sox?

    Your internship with the Trenton Thunder a minor league Yankee team, sounds like a really great experience. My brother Jake explained a lot about the internship to me as he was one of your colleagues with the Thunder. I was fortunate enough to be able to come to one of the Trenton Thunder games and really enjoyed the atmosphere and game at the ball park. I hope your internship will turn into something more for you as you look for a job. Keep up the great work.

    By Blogger M. Fox, at 9:33 PM  

  • Hi,

    When ever I surf on web I come to this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]Plenty of useful information on nyyncn.blogspot.com. Frankly speaking we really do not pay attention towards our health. Let me show you one truth. Recent Research presents that closely 90% of all USA grownups are either obese or overweight[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Hence if you're one of these people, you're not alone. Its true that we all can't be like Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Megan Fox, and have sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now next question is how you can achive quick weight loss? Quick weight loss can be achived with little effort. You need to improve some of you daily habbits to achive weight loss in short span of time.

    About me: I am webmaster of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also mentor who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under painful training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for effective weight loss.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Web Counter
Site Counter